Iterative x Hacktoberfest 2022
It is the 9th season of Hacktoberfest, and we are so excited to announce we are taking part in it! This year we’re upping the game with our cool stickers, special edition T-shirts, and next-level merch. Have fun, learn and contribute!
- Mert Bozkir
- October 11, 2022 • 2 min read
Hacktoberfest is DigitalOcean’s annual event that encourages people to contribute to open source throughout October. Hacktoberfest is all about giving back to the community by contributing to open-source projects. The main point of Hacktoberfest is encouraging new open-source contributors whether you’re a seasoned contributor or looking for projects to contribute to for the first time, you’re welcome to participate!
Iterative is a remote-first team on a mission to solve the complexity of managing datasets, ML Infrastructure, and ML model lifecycle management. It was started in 2018 by a data scientist and an engineer to fill in the gaps in the machine learning to production. Presently Iterative is growing pretty fast, adoption of the Iterative tools has significantly increased, and we have our contributors to thank (more than 300 in both code and docs) for developing open source projects such as DVC, CML, and MLEM with us.
- Sign up for Hacktoberfest here
- Find all the Hacktoberfest issues here
- Read the contribution guideline (DVC, CML, MLEM)
- Join our Hacktoberfest Discord channel and ask any questions
- Create a pull request on the related GitHub repository
The most exciting part about being involved in the open-source community is that no matter how small or big your contributions are, the community will welcome your efforts and collaborate with you positively, sharing feedback and expressing gratitude.
If you haven’t started your Hacktoberfest challenge yet, it is just the right time; you have 4 weeks left to submit PRs and get your swag! Here are some important details:
- Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in the global community
- You can sign up anytime between October 1 and October 31. Make sure to sign up on the official Hacktoberfest website for your PRs to count
- Pull requests can be made in any GitHub project that’s participating in Hacktoberfest (look for the “Hacktoberfest” topic)
- Project maintainers must accept your pull/merge requests for them to count toward your total
- Have 4 pull/merge requests accepted between October 1 and October 31 to complete Hacktoberfest
And the special addition from the Iterative team:
- Look through the list of Iterative Hacktoberfest tickets.
- Make a PR to repositories and get our stickers.
- Close two issues for Iterative and get a special edition T-shirt.
- Your pull/merge requests must be within the bounds of Hacktoberfest
- Your pull/merge requests must not be spammy
- Your pull/merge requests must be in a repo tagged with the “Hacktoberfest” topic, or be labeled as “Hacktoberfest-accepted”
- Your pull/merge requests must not be labeled as “invalid”
- Avoid submitting low-quality pull/merge requests. More details can be found here
At Iterative our mission is to deliver the best developer experience for machine learning teams by creating an ecosystem of open, modular ML tools. Our tools are built for developers, by developers and we need help from the global - open-source community - to deliver this mission!
For all of us who have a heart for open source — let’s discuss, contribute, learn, take the technologies forward and build something great together!